This pound cake is delicious, and you can double the recipe to bake in a 14 cup Bundt cake mold for 70 – 80 minutes. This is the recipe I used for the Faberge Easter egg cakes. These were baked in a round cupcake silicon mold which produced 6 little rounded cupcakes. I baked the rest in a loaf tin for the middle sections to elongate the egg shapes. You can use the recipe below for a 7 1/2 cup capacity loaf tin.
Serves: 8 Cooking time: 30 mins (approx. keep an eye on them) Difficulty: Easy – for beginners Dietary guidance: v
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
230 grams butter (two sticks)
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons of water
1. Preheat oven to 160. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment, and lightly butter or oil the 6 cupcake round baking sheet.
2. Beat the butter (soft, but still cool), at medium-high speed for about 15 seconds. Sprinkle the sugar in slowly while the mixer is on. Beat the mixture until fluffy and almost white – approx. 5 minutes, scraping down the sides from time to time.
3. Lightly whisk together the eggs, yolks, vanilla and water in a pouring jug, or measuring cup. With the mixer still running, add the egg mixture slowly, in a thin stream, then beat in the salt.
4. Sift 1/2 cup of the flour over the batter and gently fold in. Repeat twice more until the flour is combined.
6. Scrape better into prepared tins and bake rotating tins half way through, until golden brown and a skewer comes away clean – approx 30 mins. If making one loaf from this recipe, baking time is 70 – 80 minutes.